Optimizing the Smart Grid for Distributed Automation Success
Advanced telecommunications is the backbone of the smart grid, enabling key applications such as automation of the feeder and distribution network. Yet telecom requirements and options for utilities are in a great state of flux, and no new provisions for spectrum allocation for utilities are being made by the government. Nevertheless, successfully optimizing the communications network for smart grid applications and achieving the benefits of distribution automation (DA) remain key objectives for utilities - theses benefits include greater cost savings, operational efficiencies, service quality, and reliability.
The Smart Grid Communications & Distribution Automation Virtual Summit on Thursday, December 13, 2012 is a one-day, 100% online event that examines the current issues and challenges surrounding smart grid communications, as well as case studies of how utilities are leveraging data communications and monitoring technologies for effective distribution automation. The goal is to examine real-world deployments, lessons learned, and success strategies for leveraging communications technologies and DA to achieve the full promise of the smart grid.
Topics to be addressed include:
Who Should Attend?
- Communications requirements and options for smart grid networking
- Current spectrum challenges and initiatives
- Navigating an effective smart grid strategy going forward
- DMS case studies, advances and integration
- Improving outage detection, isolation and restoration
- Integrated, cross-silo network communications and management
- Network sensor and system monitoring strategies
- Increasing energy efficiency in the distribution system
- Best practices, and lessons learned to date
A Highly Interactive, Global Networking Experience
- Utility executives, network managers, and engineers
- Smart grid project directors and communications managers
- Utility control system managers and planners
- Smart grid equipment and software vendors
- System integrators and consultants
- Renewable energy technology suppliers and project developers
- Regulatory and public policy makers
- Investors and financial community professionals
The 100% online format of the Smart Grid Communications & Distribution Automation Virtual Summit enables industry professionals from around the world to attend sessions easily and conveniently. Powered by the Cisco WebEx platform, the format of the Virtual Summit ensures interaction among attendees and presenters, for a unique, cost-effective, and in-depth learning experience. To learn more, click here.