Realizing the Promise of Utility-Scale Energy Storage
Utilities are turning to grid-scale energy storage to overcome the intermittency of renewable energy sources and significantly improve the clean energy business model. Different scenarios call for different storage technologies, yet the correct combination can allow for the effective integration of renewables into the power mix and reduce (or at least delay) the need for new fossil fuel peaker plants.
Organized by the Smart Grid Observer, the Energy Storage Virtual Summit: Fall 2012 on Thursday, November 15 is a one-day, 100% online conference that will examine the latest technology advances, applications, and business models for utility-scale energy storage. The goal is to help utility professionals effectively plan for, and deploy, this key enabler for renewable energy generation.
Topics to be addressed include:
Who Should Attend?
- Economics and business models for utility-scale energy storage
- State of enabling technologies and applications
- Case study deployments and lessons learned to date
- Regulatory and public policy factors
- Lithium ion, flow, and other utility-scale battery advances
- Load shaping, renewables integration, and ancillary services
- Deployment strategies and best practices for success
A Highly Interactive, Global Networking Experience
- Utility executives and network planners -- who must meet expanding requirements for incorporating renewable energies in the power mix
- Wind, solar, and renewable energy project developers -- who must stay current on how energy storage advances renewables as a grid-scale energy source
- System integrators and consultants -- who are responsible for managing the end-to-end implementation of smart grid systems, including energy storage applications
- Battery technology developers -- who need to stay up to date on the latest technology trends and market requirements, and how best to position their innovations for success
- Municipal, public policy and regulatory professionals -- who are responsible for guiding the transition to renewable energy and meeting evolving requirements for clean power
- Equipment and software vendors -- who must continually understand utility requirements in the area of energy storage, and ensure their solutions measure up
The 100% online format of the Energy Storage Virtual Summit enables industry professionals from around the world to attend sessions easily and conveniently. Powered by the Cisco WebEx platform, the format of the Virtual Summit allows for interaction among attendees and presenters, for a unique, cost-effective, and in-depth networking experience. To learn more, click here.