Achieving the Full Value of the Smart Grid
Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) is only the beginning of the smart grid value chain for utilities. Advances in the automation of the feeder and distribution network are resulting in greater cost savings, operational efficiencies, service quality, and reliability. As the rollout of AMI begins to approach completion in a number of regions, utilities are turning to distribution automation (DA) as a key strategy for maximizing the effectiveness of their smart grid investment and realizing the value that network intelligence brings to grid operations.
The Distribution Automation Virtual Summit on Thursday, July 12, 2012 is a one-day, 100% online event that examines the latest technology advances and applications of distribution automation in the electric utility network. The goal is to examine real-world deployments, lessons learned, and success strategies for leveraging DA to achieve the full promise of the smart grid.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Role of AMI and distribution automation in realizing the smart grid
- Driving ROI: distribution automation deployment strategies
- Ensuring network security and operational efficiency
- Latest DA technology developments and applications
- DMS advances and integration
- Architectures for substation automation and communications
- Integrated Volt/VAR control and optimization advances
- Increasing energy efficiency in the distribution system
- Network sensor and system monitoring technologies
- Real-time power distribution network measurement and control
- Improving outage detection, isolation and restoration
- Case studies, best practices, and lessons learned to date
Who Should Attend?
A Highly Interactive, Global Networking Experience
- Utility executives, smart grid managers, planners, and engineers
- Communication network managers and IT directors
- IT system and software development professionals
- Vendors of digital switchgear and DA application technologies
- System integrators and consultants
- Network management system, SCADA, and infrastructure suppliers
- Regulatory and public policy representatives
The 100% online format of the Distribution Automation Virtual Summit enables industry professionals from around the world to attend sessions easily and conveniently. Powered by the Cisco WebEx platform, the format of the Virtual Summit ensures interaction among attendees and presenters, for a unique, cost-effective, and in-depth learning experience. To learn more, click here.