Identifying Best Alternatives and Lessons Learned To Date
Utilities progressing down the smart grid path must identify the correct communications network for their specific needs, and then effectively implement the changes to network operations and management that the smart grid entails. This raises a range of key issues:
what are the best technology options for a unified IP-based system that can manage multiple network layers and applications? What are the latest options for the communications network and how do they compare? How can network management be centralized and IT-OT effectively integrated? The drive toward building a secure, scalable, and reliable smart grid rests on addressing these issues effectively.
The Smart Grid Communications & Network Management Virtual Summit 2012 is designed to help utilities and energy providers meet these critical challenges in a convenient and cost-effective manner. The one-day, 100% online format of the V-Summit allows for attendees to attend from anywhere in the world, interacting and learning from top industry practitioners, technology innovators, and thought leaders from the convenience of their office.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Communication network alternatives for the smart grid: cellular, RF mesh, WiMax, LTE, point-to-multipoint, etc.
- Smart grid design optimization and network modernization
- Alternatives for hybrid, mix-and-match communications networks
- Role of cloud computing and the smart grid
- Transitioning to an end-to-end, IP-based system
- Achieving effective IT-OT integration in a smart grid environment
- Network monitoring and management advances
- Architecture alternatives and enabling technologies
- Legacy systems integration and services support
- Distributed generation integration and management
- Business models for winning smart grid applications and services going forward
- Deployments to date, best practices, and lessons learned
Who Should Attend?
A Highly Interactive, Global Networking Experience
- Smart grid network planners and engineers
- Communication network managers and designers
- Systems, software and IT vendors
- Smart grid technology and software developers
- System integrators and consultants
- Utilities and power generators
- Regulators and public policy makers
- Grid operators
- Investors and financial community professionals
The 100% online format of the Smart Grid Communications & Network Management Virtual Summit enables industry professionals from around the world to attend sessions easily and conveniently. Powered by the Cisco WebEx platform, the format of the Virtual Summit ensures interaction among attendees and presenters, for a unique, cost-effective, and in-depth learning experience. To learn more, click here.